Visit us on ...
"Patients' Choice Award" by Vitals.com
Dr. Sam Naficy has been awarded the "Patients' Choice Award" by Vitals.com - a website dedicated to rating the quality of physicians across the country. Out of 720,000 physicians, only 5% received this honor.
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in humans. Anyone is susceptible to getting skin cancer, but having spent a lot of time in the sun and having light skin, as well as a positive family history, can increase the risk for developing skin cancer.
Types of skin cancer
- Basal cell carcinoma is the most common type of skin cancer and the most easily treated and the least likely to spread.
- Squamous cell carcinoma is the second most common skin cancer. This is a more invasive skin cancer with the ability to spread.
- Melanoma is one of the rarer types of skin cancer, but causes the majority of skin cancer related deaths. Melanoma can develop anywhere on the body.
Limiting or avoiding exposure to ultraviolet radiation can significantly reduce the risk of developing most skin cancers. It is recommended that annual skin cancer screenings be done in order to detect and prevent the occurrence of skin cancer. Skin cancer treatment depends on type, size, and depth of the skin cancer and may include:
- Cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen
- Topical chemotherapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- Laser therapy
- Curettage and electrodessication
- Mohs surgery
- Radiation therapy
For more complete information on skin cancer treatment options please visit our skin cancer website www.facialskincancer.com